Squeegi is a portmanteau of the words "squeegee" and "internet" signifying an internet squeegee. The value to you—the user is great, because Squeegi takes a popular internet service which is commonplace on the web and cleans it up so that people who desire a cleaner view can have a more wholesome viewing experience. As such, Squeegi has a vast system of intelligent checks and balances in place so that videos are screened before they are seen and links are checked before they are clicked—making the video upload and viewing experience clean enough for even children to enjoy. Great efforts are made on the part of Clean Versions LLC, the parent company of Squeegi, to ensure that the entire system of checks and balances are in place and working seamlessly behind the scenes so that you and your children can have a safe, wholesome experience without being bothered by indecency—which is the current internet broadcast trend. Clean Versions LLC has established a Clean Quality Guarantee which ensure certain protections are in place day-in and day-out so that parents, teenagers, educators, students, professionals, religious instructors, and even children can watch videos without being concerned that they will see something which is inappropriate.
Clean Versions LLC may collect information through technology (such as logging IP addresses) for routine system administration purposes and to manage the efficient flow of video content as it is docked, moderated, and approved. Technology is used for instance, to match moderators and uploaders of similar upload locations so as to more effective moderate video content. When moderators and uploaders share similar colloquial and cultural backgrounds more effective moderating and approving is produced.
When a user's account is created, personal identifiable information is obtained that enables the database to track video content as it is docked (queued), moderated, and posted. Tracking this information is essential in order to maintain the Squeegi Clean Quality Guarantee. This Guarantee states that all information and content on the site is guaranteed to be G-rated (or S-rated in the case of Squeegi.com) which includes all links to other sites to the third consecutive-level down. Maintaining this level of quality throughout the site requires information to be gathered and maintained on uploaders (and the content which they upload) on moderators (and the quality of moderating they perform) as well as videos and the kind of content they are reported to have. Historical information is kept on all uploaders, moderators and videos in order to ensure that a consistent high quality standard is maintained on the site.
Clean Versions LLC tracks uploader's and moderator's activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions. This data may be used to ensure that website services are disallowed for example, for non-compliant uploaders or moderators who choose not to abide by the conditions set-forth in the Terms of Usage agreement.
Clean Versions LLC also collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the products and/or services in a wholesome, G-rated manner that is required by the Clean Quality Guarantee—a hallmark of Squeegi.com.
- To better understand you, the parent or legal guardian so as to better serve your needs through enhanced products and services.
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products and/or services.
Clean Versions LLC may share your personal information with other corporations, companies and organizations for legal and/or security purposes if the need arises. In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, Clean Versions LLC may disclose a user's personal information to third parties as follows in the event of legal reasons:
- Clean Versions LLC may disclose a user's personal information to the government or
other legal or regulatory authorities in the following situations:
- if so ordered by a court of law or
- for other legal reasons, such as to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- to protect the company's rights and property;
- to investigate reports of fraud or of users who
- upload obscene content to the site,
- act as a wayward moderator of content on the site,
- send material using a false email address, or
- send harassing, threatening, or abusive messages to company administration;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when Clean Versions LLC believes a user's physical, mental, emotional or social safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- In the case of any significant video-related transaction, viral popularity or news-related event involving Clean Versions LLC or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Clean Versions LLC's customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, Clean Versions LLC would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, personal information would be transferred to Clean Versions' successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Clean Versions LLC keeps information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When a user's personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from all records.
Clean Versions LLC has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect a user's personal identifiable information from damage, error, loss or unauthorized access. Industry-standard passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers are employed to safeguard the confidentiality of all personal information contained within the Clean Versions servers and computer systems. In addition, all Clean Versions employees and third party companies are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of all information. In addition, access is restricted by administrative rights—only to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Squeegi.com, under the direction, supervision and control of Clean Versions LLC is designed to enforce the Clean Quality Guarantee which states that all content on the site shall be clean enough for children to use. Hence, Clean Versions LLC goes to great lengths to ensure that all audio/video, textual, and contextual information conforms to the S-rating standard (G-rated according to the standard that has been adopted in the U.S. As a result, Squeegi collects information in a variety of ways on the site to ensure that this guarantee is upheld. Clean Versions LLC will only collect personally identifiable information from your child that is reasonably necessary for the company to maintain this guarantee so as to protect children which using the site. The following information gathering is employed in order to uphold the guarantee:
- When children register for an online account in order to upload a video file, the site only asks for his or her first name, birthday, gender, and state and country of residence. None of this is considered personally identifiable information, because it cannot be used to contact or identify children offline. During the registration process, children are also asked to create a nickname, user name and password. Your child should not use any personally identifiable information in the nickname, as this user name may be visible to others on the site.
- Clean Versions LLC may collect information through technology (such as logging IP addresses) for routine system administration purposes to enforce the Clean Quality Guarantee.
- If children contact the company by email, Clean Versions LLC only uses the email address (which is personally identifiable information) to respond to specific requests or questions. Clean Versions LLC also asks for a parent's or legal guardian's email address in order to grant permission for children to set-up an account. Clean Versions LLC keeps that information only for the purpose of providing notices and requesting parental consent as required under applicable law.
- If children wish to submit a comment or question to www.squeegi.com, they must write a letter and address it to the following company address: Clean Versions LLC, PO Box 31454, Mesa Arizona 85275. Children should state their comment or question clearly in the letter, which should be supervised by a parent or legal guardian in order to ensure a proper response by the company leadership.
- Clean Versions LLC may collect a child's first name and email address and a parent's or legal guardian's email address where necessary for your child's safety. We may also collect your child's name and email address for the limited purposes of protecting the security and integrity of the site, taking precautions against liability, responding to the judicial process, or for law enforcement on a matter related to public safety.
When a child wants to establish an upload account and begins the online registration process, the child is asked to provide personal information. But parents are asked to submit their information first. Clean Versions LLC will first collect the parent's email address and use this information to contact the parent to provide notification that a particular child wishes to provide personally identifiable information to Clean Versions LLC. In addition, the parent or legal guardian is provided a description of the purpose for which the personal information is collected, and is provided with an opportunity to deny the collection of such information the child in question.
For example, if a child wants to set-up a registration account to upload video content to the site, a request is first of all sent to the parent or legal guardian requesting parental consent for your child's access to the upload section of the website. When the parent receives the email, the parent clicks on the Accept link to allow the child into the video upload section of the site. If the parent does not want to provide such access, the parent clicks on the Decline link or simply ignores the email.
Clean Versions LLC
PO Box 31454
Mesa, Arizona 85275
Email: info at squeegi dot com
Users may, through hypertext or other computer "links," gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Clean Versions LLC. The company is providing these links on Squeegi.com to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Clean Versions LLC of the website linked to. CLEAN VERSIONS LLC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON SQUEEGI.COM.
Unless otherwise indicated, Clean Versions LLC is not sponsored by or affiliated with any of the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with linked websites are not trademarks of Clean Versions LLC. The company specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the Age of Majority (as defined in the applicable Website user agreement) of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
You, the parent or legal guardian have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to Clean Versions LLC's Customer Service Department, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which Clean Versions LLC can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Please contact the Clean Versions LLC administration at info at squeegi dot com if you (as a parent or legal guardian) would like to have information about any of the following:
- How you would like your personal information not to be used or disclosed,
- How you would like to access or update your personal information on the Squeegi.com website.
You can also write the company leadership at Squeegi, c/o Clean Versions LLC, PO Box 31454, Mesa, Arizona 85275 USA. Fax Number: 480-664-1868.